Being the oldest among disciplines of its kind, Pharmaceutics was approved one the first group of the national key disciplines. Professor Chen Siyi and Liu Guojie, renowned pharmacists and founders of the discipline, compiled the first Pharmaceutics and translated Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics into Chinese, which laid the foundation for pharmaceutics teaching materials in China. Pharmaceutics is rated as the Characteristic Specialty by the Ministry of Education and the “Brand Specialty" of Jiangsu Province. Department of Pharmaceutics has won one second prize of Excellent Teaching Achievement Award of Ministry of Education and one first prize of Jiangsu Excellent Teaching Achievement Award.
The department now has a faculty of 42, including 14 professors (16 Ph.D. supervisors) and 15 associate professors, among whom, there is one Yangtze River Scholar, three Jiangsu Distinguished professors, two Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission members, six new drug evaluation specialists, three members of the Pharmaceutics Committee of Chinese Pharmaceutical Association, two New Century Distinguished Talents, seven Jiangsu “333” project talents and three winners of Jiangsu Excellent Doctoral Dissertation.
In the last five years, Department of Pharmaceutics has conducted more than 50 vertical subjects on national major project of new drug discovery, National Natural Science Fund programs and National Development and Reform Commission and Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission programs, and have accomplished six new formulations and new drug delivery system and over 30 drug research and development programs. Meanwhile, it has published above 300 SCI papers on the authoritative journals, including JCR and BM, and won one second prize of Jiangsu Science and Technology Progress Award.
Main Study Fields of Pharmaceutics:
1. Basic study for new formulations and new preparations
(1) Biopharmaceutics basic research technology platform
(2) Physical pharmaceutics and preformulation study
2. Sustained and controlled release and particulate preparation study
(1) Sustained and controlled release preparation study and industrialization platform
(2) Particulate preparation study and industrialization platform
3. Study for biomacromolecular drug delivery system
4. Study for intelligent nano preparations technology
5. Quality control and quality consistency evaluation for high technology preparations